It’s important to get inflammation under control. Over time, it damages the lungs, decreasing their ability to function. Here’s how you can get inflammation, and asthma under control using natural asthma treatments.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the best ways to control inflammation as a natural asthma treatment, yet our diets are typically very low in these fats but high in others that create inflammation (Omega-6). Omega-3’s need to be dosed high – around 4 grams a day; this is why we recommend supplementing with them because it’s tough to get that much from even a very healthy diet.
- Magnesium is such an important mineral. It too is typically low in even healthy diets. Magnesium acts like a very gentle muscle relaxer when taken as a supplement. It works as an asthma natural treatment because it even relaxes the tiny muscles surrounding the bronchioles (tubes in your lungs), allowing them to open up.
- Vitamin C is a good natural asthma treatment because it can work like an antihistamine. So people with allergy-induced asthma should take it to prevent allergic wheezing.
- Because inflammation is such an issue, taking a good antioxidant is important. In the process of inflammation, oxidation is occurring – which is basically like physiological rusting. Oxidation is at the heart of all wear and tear in our bodies, and areas that are inflamed also have a lot of oxidation occurring, thus the need for antioxidants.
- B-complex is an important asthma natural treatment. A lot of studies show that more wheezing occurs in those with low levels of certain B vitamins, and supplementing can decrease wheezing.
- Lastly, and perhaps one of the most important natural asthma treatments is looking at food allergies. Testing for underlying food sensitivities can be really revealing when it comes to asthma. Many times we may think we’re eating a healthy food, but in reality it’s irritating to the immune system, and creates symptoms of inflammation in our body. The most common food sensitivity culprits for asthma are wheat and dairy.
If you’re going to using any of these natural remedies for asthma, its ideal to use more than one asthma natural treatment because combined they will be more effective than one alone.