Stress is a normal feeling of varying degrees and is the body’s response to something needing attention or action causing emotional, psychological, or physical strain.
Short term stress or acute stress are periods that come and go quickly and help in “fight or flight” situations. Long term or chronic stress is stress that lasts for long durations that ultimately have negative side effects on the body and cause a myriad of health issues.
The good news is that stress can be managed and there are multiple ways to treat it best suited for an individual’s needs and what works for them.
Natural treatments and supplements include:
• Education and understanding of stress causers – lifestyle changes can be made once identified
• Natural supplements – well-being & sleep enhancers
• Acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage, meditation
• Diet – clean eating
• Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and cognitive behavioral therapy training (CBT)
• Regular & uninterrupted exercise & relaxation periods
• Spending time outdoors in nature