One of the biggest causes of migraines is nutrition. I’m referring to different nutrients – there are several that when taken as a supplement, can prevent migraines from occurring in the first place. These nutrients are found naturally in our diets and body, but oftentimes we may not be ingesting enough of them or processing them in the right way, and the result is migraine headaches.
The following nutrients can help prevent migraines:
- CoEnzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like compound that plays a role in energy production inside the cells of the body. There are studies showing that migraines may be caused by a deficiency in the production of this naturally occurring compound. Supplementing with CoQ10 can help prevent migraines quite significantly.
- Omega-3 oils have also been shown to reduce and/or eliminate migraines in several studies. Omega-3’s have numerous additional health benefits making them an essential part of a daily health regimen.
- B vitamins such as B-2 (riboflavin), B-6 (pyridoxine) and B-12 can eliminate migraines when supplemented with Omega-3 oil and CoQ10.
- Petadolex is an herbal extract that has been shown to be very effective at preventing migraines naturally. It’s been studied quite a bit with promising results. *Caution – not all herbal extracts are the same! This herbal needs to be concentrated in a certain way for it to work.
- Vitamin D is important for prevention of many health conditions; migraines are another we can add to this list. Lower levels of Vitamin D are associated with migraines. If you haven’t had your levels tested yet, you need to! Having sufficient vitamin D levels may provide you with relief from your migraines. Look for blood levels right around 50 ng/dL!
Natural migraine relief can be achieved by using several natural migraine remedies; in the clinic we use Omega-3s, CoQ10 and a B-complex to effectively prevent migraines.